Live Job Coaching and Resume Assistance and it’s FREE!
VetNow/JobNow’s features include:
- Live Veteran Navigator Interact with live tutors in math, science, reading/writing, social studies, PSAT/SAT, ACT, AP and state standardized tests.
- JobNow Receive live job coaching, real-time interview practice, full-service resume lab, 24/7 access to local job resources and more!
- Resume Assistance Prepare your resume with help from JobNow resources including resume templates; receive expert feedback via live interaction or the resume lab.
- Prepare for Your Interview Review interview tips and resources; connect with a job coach to practice interviewing.
- Live Assistance Interact with live tutors in math, science, reading, writing, history, GED, college placement tests and more!
- Career Resources Begin your job hunt with JobNow’s powerful tools.
- Skills-Building Choose your topic to receive real-time help.
- Multiple Ways to Learn Multiple, research-based tools to accommodate all types of learners.
- Thousands of Robust Lessons Clear explanations and vivid artwork to help users master academic concepts.
- Broad Range of Subjects Full academic support for your patrons in hundreds of subject areas, including AP subjects, career certifications, GRE, GMAT, and more.
- Personalized eLearning Tools My File Sharing, My Session Replay, My Tutoring Archive, My Tests Archive, and more!
- Adult Learning Center Access a library of rich adult learning content (GED) and live, professional assistance in resume/cover letter writing, U.S. citizenship prep, MS Office Essential Skills Series, and more!
Libraries Statewide Support California’s Economic Recovery
To help our communities recover, new online job search, job training and workforce development tools for veterans and other Californians are now available in all of California’s libraries, the State Library announced today. The statewide subscription to the JobNow and VetNow platforms from Brainfuse is being paid for with emergency federal Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act funds earmarked for California’s 1,120 libraries.
“Libraries are centers for resilience and recovery in every California community. As more Californians turn to libraries for help – as they always do during economic downturns – libraries can now offer even more tools to empower and strengthen Californians,” said Greg Lucas, State Librarian of California.
The Brainfuse platform helps library patrons to learn new skills, prepare for certification testing, create more impactful resumés, improve interviewing techniques, and search for jobs. Marketing support, staff training opportunities, and individualized statistics on usage are also part of the package.
Historically, libraries have provided essential support to veterans, students, and to those seeking employment and filing unemployment claims by providing access to computers, printers, staff, classes, programs, books, and other resources. Since 2011, the California Department of Veterans Affairs and the California State Library have partnered to create Veteran Resource Centers in public libraries to educate veterans about their benefits and direct them to their local County Veteran Service Offices to file claims.
However, the spread of COVID-19 has demanded a new service paradigm for libraries. Public library staff sought a workforce product that provided individual coaching and live appointments, as well as supported Veterans in not only job seeking but in helping research earned benefits. The Brainfuse products, JobNow and VetNow, offer those elements, including and especially the in-person support, and will be part of the public libraries’ toolkits in support of economic recovery for the next two years.
VetNow helps veterans become aware of the benefits they’ve earned and navigate the Veterans Administration system. It also offers workforce tools and job-seeking support. To find out more about veteran benefits, contact the California Department of Veterans or your local County Veteran Service Office.