How much do you know about Ireland and St. Patrick? Take this little quiz and see how you do.
1. St. Patrick was from:
a) England b) Ireland c) France
2. St. Patrick is most famous for:
a) driving the snakes out of Ireland b) bringing beer to Ireland c) spreading Christianity in Ireland.
3. The shamrock is a symbol of:
a) the Trinity b) good luck c) Guinness beer
4. Kissing the Blarney Stone is supposed to give you:
a) good luck b) good health c) the gift of gab
5. One thing you should never do if you catch a leprechaun is:
a) kiss him b) take your eyes off him c) pinch him
6. A leprechaun’s occupation is:
a) making shoes for the fairies b) digging for gold c) brewing beer.
7. Name the colors on the Irish flag:
a) red, white, and green b) green, white, and orange c) green and gold
8. A shillelagh is a:
a) leprechaun’s hat b) gold coin c) stout wooden club
Answers: 1. a 2. c 3. a 4. c 5. b 6. a 7. b 8. c
Posted by Nancy, whose grandfather came from County Louth, Ireland